Pool Monitor- Brownsburg
As an employee of Indy Water Watchers, you will work to ensure the pool you are working at is safe, clean, and clear. Come work at a growing company that offers great opportunities to move forward and learn alongside accomplished leaders. We're looking for experienced and outstanding members of staff who are willing to positively contribute to our company. At Indy Water Watchers we need pool monitors who come to work prepared to perform the tasks asked of them and thrive in the ever-changing environment of a pool.
This position is highly rewarding and truly allows you to end the day knowing you have made a difference. We expect the candidate to be proactive and have a "get it done" spirit. We are looking for candidates who love to learn, go above and beyond and are friendly to all those who come to the pool. We foster an environment that encourages you to learn and grow within your position. We require all staff to complete trainings throughout the summer at their facility. These trainings will cover our expectations for what should be happening during shifts.
Did you know?
You do not have to be lifeguard certified to be a pool monitor at IWW.
- Maintain a welcoming environment to all patrons while at the facility
- Respond to any and all emergencies as they arise at the facility
- Clean bathrooms, pool deck, and straighten pool furniture frequently
- Complete specific tasks that are asked at the monitor facility
- Participate in mandatory training to ensure you are prepared for any and all circumstances
- Passion for water safety
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to collaborate in team settings
- Positive attitude
Nice to have
- American Red Cross lifeguard certification
- Certification in CPR, AED, and First-Aid
What's great in the job?
- Ability to work with a great team of hardworking people, in a friendly and open environment
- A flexible schedule that works around your needs
- Management that is open to feedback and suggestions
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast-evolving company
- The opportunity for growth within the company
Responsibilities of our Pool Monitors:
At IWW our Pool Monitors are responsible for all patrons who are at our facilities and activities that take place within our facilities. Listed below are qualifications our Pool Monitors are responsible for:
- Attending mandatory trainings that are to take place prior to the pool opening and trainings that take place during the summer
- Enforcing all rules and regulations at each facility
- Greeting patrons as they enter and exit the pool facility
- Documenting all first aid assistance and behavior issues
- Reporting any documentary actions that are made back to management
- Always staying alert while on shift to be aware of things occurring within the facility
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the pool and facility during your shift
- Checking bathroom facilities and straightening chairs frequently
- Doing chemical checks and writing down results on chemical logs as instructed
- Completing the opening and closing checklist daily
- Inspecting pool equipment at the beginning of every shift to ensure it is safe
- Arriving 15 minutes early for your shift and staying until your full shift is concluded
- Informing management of shift swaps, schedule changes and emergencies through phone call, text, GroupMe, or email.
- If any pool closure occurs, management needs to be informed immediately and documentation needs to be made
Pool Monitor Requirements:
As a Pool Monitor at IWW we require all responsibilities that are listed above to always be performed during employment. Pool Monitors must be 16 years of age to be employed. Pool Monitors are not required to hold certifications of CPR, AED, Lifeguarding, and First Aid but are encouraged too if wanted. If certifications are not already held by applicant, IWW will assist in helping applicant get into a class to receive all needed certifications. All applicants without certifications will be financially responsible for classes taken to get the required certifications.
If you have any questions about the responsibilities of a Pool Monitor at IWW please contact us!