Lifeguard - Perry Township
As an employee of Indy Water Watchers, you will work closely with your co-workers as a team to ensure the pool you are working at is safe, clean, and clear. Come work at a growing company that offers great opportunities to move forward and learn alongside accomplished leaders. We're looking for experienced and outstanding members of staff who are willing to positively contribute to our company. At Indy Water Watchers we need lifeguards who come to work prepared to perform the tasks asked of them. We need lifeguards who thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
This position is highly rewarding and truly allows you to end the day knowing you have made a difference. We expect the candidate to be proactive and have a "get it done" spirit. We are looking for candidates who love to learn, problem-solve and train their skills to perfection. We foster an environment that encourages you to learn and grow within your position. We require all staff to complete trainings throughout the summer at their facility. These trainings will cover the skills lifeguards learned in the Red Cross certification class.
Did you know?
Even if you are not certified you can still apply to be a lifeguard with our company. We will help you find a class to receive all certifications you need to be a successful lifeguard at Indy Water Watchers!
- Maintain a safe swimming environment for all guests at the pool
- Respond to any and all emergencies as they arise at the facility
- Clean bathrooms, pool deck, and straighten pool furniture hourly
- Treat all patrons at the pool with respect
- Participate in mandatory training to ensure you are prepared for any and all circumstances
- Passion for water safety
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to collaborate in team settings
- Positive attitude
Nice to have
- American Red Cross lifeguard certification
- Certification in CPR, AED, and First-Aid
- Former lifeguarding experience
- Former swim lesson experience
What's great in the job?
- Ability to work with a great team of hardworking people, in a friendly and open environment
- A flexible schedule that works around your needs
- Management that is open to feedback and suggestions
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast-evolving company
- The opportunity for growth within the company
Responsibilities of our Lifeguards:
At IWW our lifeguards are responsible for all patrons who are at our facilities and activities that take place within our facilities. Listed below are qualifications our lifeguards are responsible for:
- Attending mandatory trainings that are to take place prior to the pool opening and trainings that take place during the summer
- Enforcing all rules and regulations at each facility
- Making rescues and providing first aid when it is needed by patrons
- Documenting all rescues, first aid assistance, and behavior issues
- Reporting any documentary actions that are made back to management
- Always staying in a ready position for the safety of all patrons
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the pool and facility during your shift
- Checking bathroom facilities and straightening chairs hourly
- Doing chemical checks and writing down results on chemical logs as instructed
- Completing the opening and closing checklist daily
- Inspecting pool equipment at the beginning of every shift to ensure it is safe
- Arriving 15 minutes early for your shift and staying until your full shift is concluded
- Informing management of shift swaps, schedule changes and emergencies through phone call, text, GroupMe, or email.
- If any pool closure occurs, management needs to be informed immediately and documentation needs to be made
As a lifeguard at IWW we require all responsibilities that are listed above to always be performed during employment. Lifeguards must be 15 years of age to be employed. Certifications of CPR, AED, Lifeguarding, and First Aid must be held by all lifeguards. If certifications are not already held by applicant, IWW will assist in helping applicant get into a class to receive all needed certifications. All applicants without certifications will be financially responsible for classes taken to get the required certifications.
If you have any questions about the responsibilities of a lifeguard at IWW please contact us!